Friday, November 13, 2015

3 Things for Christian Women to Remember When Putting on Lipstick

1.



1. I take a good bit of time in the mornings to work through my makeup routine. It's pretty satisfying when you complete your look with the perfect shade of lipstick to match your look that day. It's like the cherry on the sundae. I love the artistry of it all and don't enjoy being rushed. One morning I was in a time crunch and was blundering through my morning duties. By the time I finished my makeup with the final touch of a vibrant red matte it was time to go and I hadn't even completed my Bible study for the morning. I realized that if I was spending more time on my outward appearance than on my relationship with God, then I was essentially sinning. Anything that takes the place of God is an idol. Scripture vividly speaks on the fact that God cares about the heart more than the way someone looks. 

1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.” 

If I'm spending more time on my physical beauty than on my inward beauty  then I'm basically just putting lipstick on a pig. I should be focused on having a beautiful heart by seeking gentleness, kindness, patience, and self-control. Every time I finish my beauty routine and put on lipstick, I will check myself to make sure that I am investing even more time in to my spiritual beauty. 



1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.



2.

2. The second thing I want to remember when putting on my lipstick is the spiritual check question of "Does what comes out of my lips match what I put on them?" If you dress up your lips with lively colors but are speaking death, you are dishonoring your creator. Every time I check my lipstick or touch up, I will remind myself to speak encouragement and life to those around me. 



Ephesians 4:29  Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  



3.

3. Any lipstick wearing gal knows that when you put on lipstick it's going to come off on stuff. I have stained many a coffee cup with my vibrant hues. I used to joke that lipstick prints are how women mark their territory. Well metaphorically this is true. Wherever we go as women of God we leave a mark. The people we come in to contact with each day should be affected by our presence, no matter how brief the encounter. Even when you get your coffee at the drive through, are you treating the cashier with Christ-like kindness? Our ministry is not just within the walls of the church, we bring Jesus everywhere we go. So like the marks we leave behind on napkins and cups, we need to be thinking in the mentality that we are leaving our spiritual mark wherever we go. 

2 Corinthians 5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. 











































1.http://static.squarespace.com/static/52127764e4b06d5f9d3452fd/521bb45ce4b04557dae2fafd/521bb494e4b04557dae3056a/1329390053000/natural-organic-lipstick.jpg?format=original






































2.http://theglobalfool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lipsticks.jpg










3.https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEir36r87oxfunsguctFZTUv39FSK4rr3l5qqC-nDqtotetacOIkQWmtYtdj2fftnz9O8WE4FwvB1nFh2WB93kLyFdmQCzpMVhlccotn0Z1U_KwqDEZLTbcyGVvupjuYvgNEW_zTqtEcoNrf/s400/cup_lipstick_stain.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This is really good, Chelsea! I'm going to start doing what you do and checking to see if I've done the really important stuff when I put on my lipstick on in the morning. Very good idea!

    ReplyDelete