Saturday, August 30, 2014

The God Challenge

I was challenged by my College and Career Pastor Alicia Conlee to "The God Challenge", which is to publicly explain, through whichever means,what God is to you.
For me God is The Author of My Life Story

He began writing my story even before I was created:
"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5

He walked with me even as I began walking myself and planned my steps as I explored this great big world:


 He loved me as I learned right from wrong, and was patient with me when I stumbled...


"Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning"
Lamentations 3:23  

He gave me new experiences and  showed me his heart...




He showed me my purpose in life and made a pathway for me to walk on. 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

He lead me forward, and opened new doors

 
 He taught me to trust His ability to write my story and I learned to lean on him...


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;"
Proverbs 3:5

My trust in him was worth it, His story is better than mine....


Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The Lord your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you. 
Deuteronomy 31:6

and I keep trusting him with each new chapter of my life... 


...even when I was tired and wanted to give up...


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us"
Hebrews 12:1

He taught me to love and brought good people in to my life...
...and wrote in a beautiful commitment that reflected Him...

...and we continue to trust Him, even though we don't know what's even on the next page...


"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always."
1 Chronicles 16:11

So I see God as the author of my story. He is an author that I have learned to trust and be thankful for. His ways are far better than I could ever dream, and he has taken me to new heights where I never thought I'd be. I believe in Him, and His ways, and His story and I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment